Kickin' Back Alpaca Ranch
- experience the alpacas in every season, meet the crias (baby alpacas), experience sheering season, shop at the alpaca gift shop or at the open barn events. Be sure to call ahead for a private tour.
Markdale Fall Fair
- a yearly event since 1858, this local fair offers the best of the areas agricultural achievements. Enjoy food, displays, horse shows, animals and more.
Beaver Valley Orchard & Cidery
-visit the tasting room in a respectfully restored historic post and beam century barn. Taste the small batch cider, have a cheese plate, buy some cider to enjoy at home and take a tour of the facilities.
Thornbury Village Craft Cider & Beer
-tastings in the tasting room or patio, take some cider or beer home to enjoy.
Free Spirit Tours
-guided caving and rock climbing tours. Be sure to book ahead of time.
Eagle Adventure Experience
- guided caving, rock climbing and hiking tours. Book ahead.
Highland Glen Golf Club
-18 hole course with clubhouse with a pro shop, restaurant and great amenities. Book your tee time online.
Hike & Stay
The Beaver Valley Bruce Trail offers a hiking experience for all levels of hikers and has many family appropriate loop trails. The autumn has people flocking here to experience the stunning fall colours of the Beaver Valley.
The Beaver Valley section of the Bruce Trail extends from Craigleith to Blantyre and covers 113 km of main trail and another 25 km of side trails. Hikers enjoy the diverse landscapes, grand views of the escarpment, waterfall trails, through fields and forests.
Plan your own route on the Bruce Trail, follow one of our suggested hikes on the Bruce Trail maps or join one of the organized hikes by the Beaver Valley Bruce Trail Club which are scheduled throughout the year.
On The Water
Snorkel the Mary Ward Shipwreck
- tour and snorkel the site where the Mary Ward sank in 1872 in the waters 4 km off of Northwinds Beach in Craigleath. There are several outfitters who will take you there.
Free Spirit Tours
Eagle Adventure Experiences
Collingwood Adventure Voyages
Wilmer Trout Pond
- enjoy both bait and fly fishing in separate ponds that are stocked with naturally fed brook, brown and rainbow trout. No license needed and there is no limit. Great family fun!
Reel 'Em In Fishing Charters
-book a private fishing charter on Georgian Bay, out of Thornbury.
Cycle & Stay
Experience Grey Highlands and the surrounding area by bike. Grey County is truly a cycling destination for both on-road and off-road cyclist. Home to the annual Centurion cycling race, the are has become the destination for race training and recreational cyclists alike. Follow the on-road cycling guide from Grey County Tourism.
There are plenty off-road options in the area as well. Experience the single track, downhill and family friendly rails trails throughout the area. Blue Mountain, the CP Rail trail and forest trails are all outlined for you at Grey County Tourism.
The Treehouse Bed & Breakfast can be your home base for enjoying cycling in the Grey Highlandsarea. Click the button below for more information including suggested recreational cycling routes, bike tours and bike rental information.
Relax & Unwind
© Copyright The Treehouse Bed & Breakfast